The 38J bodies are designed to support a maximum crane rating of 38,000 ft-lb, and designed to handle the rigors of your everyday extreme lifting using
a unique torq-isolator support system understructure. Knapheide Crane Bodies are purpose-built to hold up under the most extreme of lifting conditions. With all the industry-leading security and durability features of our Service Bodies, the Knapheide Crane Body is an easy choice.
Crane Bodies feature no standard shelving.
- Optional shelving and drawer packages are available (see PDF)
- THE MOST ADVANCED CRANE BODY DESIGN Every Knapheide Crane Body features our unique torq-isolator crane support system. The reinforced crane box transfers lift forces into the full-length torsionbox subframe and outriggers, not the side compartments.
- Compartment doors constructed of double-shell, 14-gauge outer panel, and two-sided A-40 galvanneal steel internal reinforcement for durability and long life
- 1/8" tread plate floor, tops, and backs. Full-seam continuous welded.
- Compartments feature 12-gauge bottom and end panels
- Vertical compartment doors employ double-spring over-center door retainers for elimination of involuntary swing
- Side wall shelf clips with 2" adjustable spacing
- Medium gloss, mar-resistant, light gray finish brightens interiors and makes finding contents easier
- Rugged 12- and 14-gauge two-sided A-40 galvanneal steel body shell
- Neoprene door seals protect compartments from the weather
- Continuous stainless steel hinges are pry-proof and corrosion-resistant
- Fixed shelf in crane compartment
- Two chrome grab handles
- Bolt-on slammable tailgate
- S/T/T, B/U, marker and RID lights with light wire harness
- Aluminum light boxes for external mounting of rear lights
- Overlap doors on front vertical and horizontal compartments
- Automotive quality 3-point T-handle latches
- Drip pan under crane mount
- Electrodeposition prime-paint system provides superior corrosion resistance
- Rubber fenderettes (model 6132DLHR-60J only)
- 14-gauge inner partitions of compartments
- Complete undercoating provides protection from corrosion and road debris
- Cargo tie-downs are D-ring type and recessed in floor, with a 6,000-lb. capacity (4 in 108" bodies, 6 in 132" bodies)
- Pre-drilled mounting holes on crane pedestal for ease of installing most popular cranes